Website GoldFlint Microfinance
Goldflint Microfinance is seeking to hire a Head of business banking reporting to the Managing Director.
Job purpose statement:
- Provide leadership and management in delivering the microfinance bank’s strategic plan through growth of the business banking business.
- Position the microfinance bank amongst the market leaders in business banking through innovation, business development and solution customization.
- Understand the customer requirements, structure solutions, implement and monitor the customer experience. Formulate and implement structures, policies and processes to support the business banking product proposition and ensure compliance with regulatory and control requirements. The position holder is empowered to make Strategic, Managerial and Budgetary Control decisions.
- Responsible for the Growth of the business banking portfolio to ensure set targets of portfolio growth, income and customer relationship management are achieved.
- Drive growth that will deliver on the business targets agreed upon and ensure the strategic cycle forecast is achieved.
- Drive growth of the business volumes through product sales and marketing.
- Develop new products or re-engineer existing ones to meet the customer needs and align with the market expectations.
- Develop strategies and incentives to drive product utilization promote uptake of business banking solutions.
- Originate new business banking clients and cross sell to the existing customer base.
- Support relationship teams across the various business units to market customized products and grow volumes and business income.
- Monitor the department progress against performance targets on an ongoing basis.
- Grow the microfinance bank’s strategic business partnerships and correspondents to enhance our distribution network and service channels.
- Gather market intelligence on business banking products and pricing models to ensure the microfinance bank remains competitive.
Internal business processes & Controls
- Regularly identify measure, monitor and control the overall levels of risks in the business banking business.
- Responsible for the unit’s development, regular reviews and updates to ensure risk management adaptation to the changing business environment.
- Responsible for the Performance management of all Business Banking staff ensuring effective target setting, monitoring and correct performance measures are done.
- Facilitate product development and implementation and track progress against project plan deliverables, milestones and timelines.
- Effectively implement processes (service level agreements) and controls for the various products and ensure the operational, compliance, credit, financial, fraud and franchise risks are considered and adequately mitigated.
- Monitor and ensure timely and efficient delivery of services and availability of channels to clients.
- Provide training, guidance and advice to relationship, operations, credit risk and branch teams on the structure and workings of various products and transactions.
- Monitor key risk indicators and review various metrics on a monthly basis to minimize potential losses.
- Ensure the microfinance bank remains reasonably unexposed to any undue risks by active collection and analysis of market information and highlighting key observations.
- Ensure cost containment through periodical review of customer pricing to eliminate revenue leakage, negotiating with service providers and channel partners for discounts and continuous review product process to remove inefficiencies that have cost implications.
- Drive a team culture that focuses on customer service and service delivery.
- Drive a key client retention strategy and focus on building strategic relationships with key decision-makers.
- Drive client engagement efforts across relevant business units (when applicable) by ensuring that individuals are clear on their contribution and expected outcomes.
- Drive team knowledge on clients with respect to their strategy, business, financial performance, industry outlook/trends.
- Ensure all prescribed service standards are met and exceeded are clear on their contribution and expected outcomes.
Learning and Growth
- Develop a strong team by attracting good talent and facilitating their career development in the microfinance bank.
- Develop and agree on an annual basis, individual and team performance objectives, standards and targets conjunction with Managing Director and ensure that processes are in place to monitor performance against budget.
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to direct reports.
- Identify development and training needs and develop plans to meet set objectives in the identified areas.
- Provide technical and product training to staff in the Microfinance Bank as well as conduct forums and workshops to support business units across the group.
- Drive the microfinance bank’s culture and values within the team.
Ideal Job Specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related studies.
- Possession of MBA/ MSc. in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Professional banking or project management qualifications will be an added advantage.
- People Management Certification
- Leadership training.
Desired work experience:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in banking, 2 of which should be in a management position in business banking and/or products management.
- Exposure to operations management, general banking operations, credit risk analysis, relationship management and service delivery.
- Products knowledge and experience with ability to package simple and complex products.
- Ability to interact, influence and negotiate at senior levels with customers, partners, fellow bankers and regulators.
- Customer focused and results oriented.
- Excellent communication skills incorporating verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Responsiveness (Solutions Oriented, Customer Centric, Timely & efficient, Supportive & Collaborative)
- Professionalism (Empowered, Respectful, Pursues excellence, Dresses appropriately)
- Integrity (Trustworthy, Honest, Accountable, Openness)
- Passion (Commitment, Drive, Decisive and action oriented, Business Acumen)
- Innovation (Entrepreneurial, Open –minded, Creative, Stewardship)
Ideal Job competencies
- Financial analysis Skills: Ability to analyze and/or interpret financial statements, prepare and assess credit papers.
- Analytical business and investment appraisal Skills: Keen to detail and able to conceptualize financial investment proposals and provide viable solutions.
- Technology Skills: Computer literate with proficiency in computerized financial analysis applications.
- Industry knowledge: Candid knowledge of the financial sector, Government securities investment, International Trade Finance opportunities, as well as current banking operations practice and Liquidity Management.
- Goal driven and results oriented: Enjoys being measured, and judged by financial and other performance targets.
- Personal Ethics: Must be honest, fair and just with self and others, and demonstrates integrity in work and business contacts.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must be a people’s person, with ability to interact with key stakeholders in the various business sectors.
- Proactive Initiator: Must be pro-active, a self-starter and have the ability to see, grasp and advice on opportunities.
- Human Resources Management Skills: Staff supervisory skills and ability to train and develop staff.
- Passionate on the job: Staff willing to consistently exceed set objectives within and outside the current responsibilities highlighted in the JD.
To apply for this job email your details (CV and Academic documents) to email@example.com